Thursday, October 28, 2004

datamining our datamining trends

on average, men use 2 words to search for something. of the millions of search results that turn up, they'll visit 2 sites, spending approx 1.5 minutes on each before moving to the next search. on the other hand, women use about 3 words to search for something and visit between 6 and 7 links before they're ready to move on. as a result, men "hunt" a greater amount of search queries per week (42 searches at 3 mins a search), while women "gather" a more diverse array of resources (30 searches a week at 5 mins a search).

i guess us girls really like to penetrate those deep links.

via vnunet

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I rather liked the opening line to the survey you sourced; Men talk to their search engines more than their girlfriends!

I fear, though, I don't fit their model of what a man does with Google? Will I never be statistically manstuffs? ;)

Anonymous said...

I usually use more than 3 words. Therefore I am beyond gender- a Supreme Being, no less. Bow down in my presence, Lesser Creature!... -L